To assist in maximising profits from the sale of donated and news goods by assisting customers and processing sales or preparing goods ready for sale by sorting, hanging, pricing steaming.
Time commitment :
Minimum of 3.5 hours preferred to be a morning, afternoon, full day, mulitiple of days as agreed.
Bamber Bridge, Buckshaw Village, Chorley, Cleveleys, Fulwood, Leyland and Preston City Centre
Necessary personal qualities:
Friendly and welcoming, honest, enthusiastic, reliable, a positive attitude and an ability to work as part of a team.
A flair for fashion and product presentation is an advantage but not essential.
The duties/ activities’ for this role will include some or all of the following:
• Assisting customers and help identify their needs.
• Processing sales/ cash handling/ taking customer orders.
• Maintaining a tidy shop floor and assisting in presenting merchandise in an attractive manner.
• Sorting and preparing donations ready for sale such as cleaning bric a brac, pricing and steaming in line with our guidelines for quality, safety and pricing.
• Gift aiding donations ready for sale in line with our pricing guidelines and printing labels.
• Assisting with customer enquiries and answering the phone.
• Sorting donations suitable for re-sale Identifying donations that can be recycled through our various recycling operations.
Training required for this role:
On-site training will be given to ensure safe handling of donated items in line with health and safety procedures. EPOS system and gift aid. On- site training in respect of guidelines for quality, safety and pricing and data protection.