Established in 1981, Age Concern Central Lancashire provides a wide range of quality services primarily aimed at older people and their carers within the boundaries of central Lancashire. Our aim is to support people to live life and age well.
Age Concern Central Lancashire is a highly respected member of the voluntary, community and faith sector in Lancashire and has a long history of the delivery of responsive and innovative services through a strong, dedicated workforce. Teamwork and collaboration are fundamental to our principles, along with our passion to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
The Retail Administrator will work under the direction of the Head of Retail to coordinate and oversee administrative duties at Head Office, and ensure that the reception function operates efficiently and smoothly. This role is as much people-person as systems person, integral to cultivating company culture and steering the ship in the right direction. Often the face of the office environment, he or she interacts with visitors, customers, clients, and employees at every level, every day.
This position demands strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job, the post holder must keep a neutral position at all times
Role: Retail Administrator
Responsible to: Head of Retail
Base: Beech House / Head Office
Salary: £17,000 FTE
Hours: 36 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 9am – 4.45pm Friday 9am – 4.30pm
Closing date: Tuesday 11th January
Interviews: Thursday 20th January, Beech House
Please note that we may bring the closing date forward, if we receive a high number of applications. If you are interested in this role we advise applying sooner. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
• Develop good relationships and ensure an excellent customer experience.
• Oversee and support all administrative duties in the reception area and ensure that it is operating smoothly.
• Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, answer and direct phone and ‘chat bot’ calls and respond to website referrals and call back requests.
• Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail.
• Manage office supplies inventory and placing office and cleaning orders as necessary.
• Administrating the organisations retail Gift aid from data processing to mailing out correspondence whilst liaising with the retail team on errors or queries for training and compliance purposes.
• Collating and inputting retail data.
• Supporting the retail operation in any other administrative duties as and when required.
• Head Office meeting room booking and setup.
• Photocopying and scanning documents.
• Organising and filing paperwork.
• To work collaboratively with other departments across Age Concern.
• Identify opportunities for process and reception improvements, and design and implement new systems.
• Ensure the reception function has the correct level of volunteers in place to support the needs of reception and to work with the Volunteer Recruitment Officer to recruit suitable volunteers.
• To provide line management to allocated volunteers including, interviewing, induction, allocation of work, on-going support and training and that a record is maintained of the volunteer hours donated.
• Achieve the level of computer competency as required for the role.
• Participate in and contribute generally to the organisation’s activities, attending meetings and conferences as required.
• Participate in the organisation’s fundraising and promotions and events, working with other members of staff and volunteers.
• Undertake other duties which may be required by the organisation that are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
• Some flexibility in the working hours will be required from time to time. For example, Board meetings may be scheduled to extend out of normal office hours.
The organisation is committed to support continuous professional development (CPD). There is an expectation that the post holder will complete mandatory training within the probationary period and maintain a level of competence throughout their employment with us. Training includes Safeguarding, GDPR and Health and Safety. This list is not exhaustive.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• Effective communication, delegation, negotiation and team working skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work with high attention to detail.
• Flexible and adaptable to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
• Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• An ability to demonstrate a commitment to the values and culture of the organisation and to demonstrate integrity, whilst having a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Professional behaviour.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Bel Fry (Head of Retail) on 07770010893.