Age Concern Central Lancashire is a multi-award winning charity and one that is proud of its reputation and Lancashire based heritage amassed over 40 years.
Established in 1981, Age Concern Central Lancashire provides a wide range of quality services primarily aimed at older people and their carers within the boundaries of Central Lancashire. Our aim is to support people to live well and age well.
Under the direction of the Head of Innovation and Assurance this role supports staff and volunteers to get the best from technology and, using technology, help staff and volunteers increase efficiency and improve performance, whilst ensuring the smooth running of our systems.
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Department: Operations and Assurance
Reports to: Head of Innovation and Assurance
Base: Beech House
Weekly hours: 21hrs over 3 days, Mon, Tue, Wed
Salary: £17,500 FTE (salary updated 21-22)
Closing date: Friday 7th May 2021 at 12.00pm
Interviews: Monday 17th May 2021
Please note that we may bring the closing date forward, if we receive a high number of applications. If you are interested in this role we advise applying sooner. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
IT, Telephones and Printers
• Be the first point of contact for IT issues and raise issues and actions with the commissioned IT specialists, liaising with them on agreed actions.
• Provide basic troubleshooting for basic recurring IT issues, including providing training and instructions to staff if appropriate.
• Managing the administration of mobile phones.
• Be the first point of contact for telephone (including mobile phone) issues and raise issues and actions with the commissioned telephony specialists, liaising with them on agreed actions.
• Provide basic troubleshooting for basic telephone issues, including providing training and instructions to staff if appropriate.
• Allocate and reallocate IT and telephone equipment to meet the needs of the business and staff requirements.
• Manage the central printer facility, including liaison with the provider, set up and management of staff users and administration of the letterhead overlays.
• Assisting facilities staff in locating parts, supplies and materials, including follow up and Purchase Order administration.
• Maintaining the contractor list and obtaining and storing the appropriate paperwork for new contractors.
• Carrying out premises checks and taking monthly meter readings in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
• Assisting with Risk Assessments, Health and Safety audits, weekly fire alarm testing and fire evacuation drills/reporting.
• Maintain an asset register of IT equipment and telephones.
• Key control/cutting.
• Fleet administration and driving licence audits.
• Assisting with new staff administration including arranging for an ID badge, server access, equipment set up, property assignment and orientation.
• Maintaining the COSHH folder at Head Office.
• Assisting with issuing, analysing and filing DSE paperwork.
• Maintaining a premises log including lease expiry and break clause dates.
• Assisting with maintaining the Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
• Assisting with ensuring that the necessary Health and Safety training has been undertaken by staff according to schedule.
• Assisting with front of house cover – answering the phone/doorbell and welcoming visitors appropriately.
• In the absence of the PA dealing with incoming/outgoing mail.
• Achieve the level of computer competency as required for the role.
• Participate in and contribute generally to the organisation’s activities, attending meetings and conferences as required.
• Participate in the organisation’s fundraising and promotions and events, working with other members of staff and volunteers.
• Undertake other duties which may be required by the organisation that are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
The organisation is committed to support continuous professional development (CPD). There is an expectation that the post holder will complete mandatory training within the probationary period and maintain a level of competence throughout their employment with us. Training includes Safeguarding, GDPR and Health and Safety. This list is not exhaustive.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• An aptitude for IT and technology.
• To have the use of a vehicle for work purposes and be prepared to visit other
Age Concern locations.
• Good administrative skills.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with staff both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
• An ability to demonstrate a commitment to the values and culture of the organisation and to demonstrate integrity, whilst having a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Professional behaviour.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Claire Farnhill (Head of Innovation and Assurance) on 01772 269099.
For this position only a CV is required.