Home Help Volunteer
Home Help Volunteer
We pride ourselves on delivering a tailored service that is bespoke to individual needs and we strive to put you at the heart of everything we do.
Purpose of this role: To support the Home Help team with cover as required
Time commitment: Variable, but will typically consist of a single or multiple 1. 1.5 or 2 hour visit, during the working week Monday – Friday (between 9.00am and 4.45pm), either in the morning or afternoon.
Location: Service users own home around Preston or South Ribble
Necessary personal qualities:
• Experience of housekeeping or domestic cleaning (desirable)
• Understands the need for professional boundaries
• Good communication skills, ability to follow instructions
• Ability to travel between customers within specific timescales
• Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
• Able to manage time effectively
• Professional appearance and behaviour
• An ability to demonstrate a commitment to the values and culture of the organisation and to demonstrate integrity, whilst having a positive and enthusiastic attitude
The duties/ activities’ for this role will include:
• General cleaning duties
o Cleaning, vacuuming, dusting and polishing.
o General tidying and other light household duties.
o Washing up.
o Laundry and ironing.
o Supporting the customer to prepare a shopping list.
o Shopping for the customer at an agreed supermarket.
o Unpacking and putting away shopping as directed by the customer.
• Miscellaneous tasks
o Preparing or assisting with preparation of light snacks or ready meals.
• Regular feedback to the the team leader
Training required for this role: All Volunteers are expected to complete the following training prior to;
• Safeguarding for Adults
• GDPR – Updated for GDPR
• H&S + COSSH
• Manual Handling
• Equality and Diversity
A period of shadowing a relevant staff member will also be required
ACCl t-shirt, photo name badge and PPE will be issued and MUST be worn at all times whilst volunteering
Disclosure and Barring Service Check This post requires an Enhanced DBS including Vetting and Barring for Adults.