Foot Care Officer
Age Concern Central Lancashire is a multi-award winning charity and one that is proud of its reputation and Lancashire based heritage amassed over 40 years.
Established in 1981, Age Concern Central Lancashire provides a wide range of quality services primarily aimed at older people and their carers within the boundaries of Central Lancashire. Our aim is to support people to live well and age well.
To support the delivery of the Foot Care Service by providing a nail cutting service within an individual’s own home or when appropriate within other community settings
This role requires the post holder to have and maintain an Enhanced DBS check including vetting and barring for Adults.
Job Title: Foot Care Officer
Department: Live Well
Reporting to: Head of Live Well
Base: Beech House
Salary: £17,143.50 FTE (pro rota for part time)
2 Positions available at 18 hours 1 x permanent and 1 x temporary for 6 months.
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 12.00pm
Interviews: Thursday 6th May 2021
Please note that we may bring the closing date forward, if we receive a high number of applications. If you are interested in this role we advise applying sooner. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
• To work within the agreed values to which the service is based and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
• Support the service to achieve it’s agreed key performance indicators
• To assess all individuals prior to being accepted onto the service to ensure eligibility
• Perform nail cutting duties as per the Foot Care Training delivered by the organisation
• Ensure that all new users of the service are referred to the Podiatrist for assessment before Nail Clipping commences
• Ensure that there is a legible, comprehensive and accurate written record of support given to an individual
• To prepare written case studies
• To ensure that the records and statistical information relating to the service is maintained in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with the requirements of the service
• Cross refer individuals onto other services within Age Concern as appropriate
• To refer/ signpost individuals onto other voluntary, independent and statutory agencies as agreed and appropriate
• To promote the service across the area of benefit to older people, carers, health and social care staff and partner agencies including other voluntary , community and faith sectors
• Achieve the level of computer competency as required for the role.
• Participate in and contribute generally to the organisation’s activities, attending meetings and conferences as required.
• Participate in the organisation’s fundraising and promotions and events, working with other members of staff and volunteers.
• Undertake other duties which may be required by the organisation that are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
The organisation is committed to support continuous professional development (CPD). There is an expectation that the post holder will complete mandatory training within the probationary period and maintain a level of competence throughout their employment with us. Training includes Safeguarding, GDPR and Health and Safety. This list is not exhaustive.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• Previous nail cutting experience desirable.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work with high attention to detail.
• Flexible and adaptable to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
• Demonstrable experience of collecting timely data to monitor and evaluate services.
• To be able to travel around the area of benefit in order to perform home visits, attend meetings and training
• An ability to demonstrate a commitment to the values and culture of the organisation and to demonstrate integrity, whilst having a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Professional behaviour.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Claire Hewitson (Head of Live Well) on 07458 016880.
For this position only a CV is required.