Community Engagement Officer
Community Engagement Officer
This is a two year funded post and will be delivered in partnership with Electricity North West and Cadent Gas.
Age Concern Central Lancashire is a multi-award winning charity and one that is proud of its reputation and Lancashire based heritage amassed over nearly 40 years.
The charity remains fully independent and is recognised locally as an industry leader, innovator and expert. In 2020 Age Concern Central Lancashire was awarded two highly prestigious accolades, the ‘BIBAs Business Hero’ Award and the Red Rose ‘Lancashire Business View’ Award in recognition of its contribution towards society and ability to operate using effective commercial tactics.
“Hard work, ingenuity and impact: this organisation may be in the non-profit environment, but it runs like a well-oiled business should and has measurable impact for service users across the county.” – Red Rose Judges 2020
Established in 1981, Age Concern Central Lancashire provides a wide range of services primarily aimed at older people and their carers within the boundaries of Lancashire. The charity is well-known for providing dementia care and support within the county in addition to a wide variety of services aimed at helping people to live well and age well.
This role requires the individual to be a passionate and outgoing person who has experience of working in public, community, professional and people facing roles.
They will also have extensive experience of engaging with people, presenting to a variety of audiences and achieving KPIs whilst possessing effective planning and organising skills of which will be highly beneficial in this role.
The role of Community Engagement Officer will be required to operate across Lancashire but with a particular emphasis in Northern areas/the Fylde Coast.
Role: Community Engagement Officer
Responsible to: Executive Director Business Development
Base: Beech House, Leyland
Salary: £ 19,695 FTE
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 21st May 2021 at 12.00pm
Interviews: Wednesday 2nd June 2021
Please note that we may bring the closing date forward, if we receive a high number of applications. If you are interested in this role we advise applying sooner. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The role will require you to undertake direct engagement activities with a variety of stakeholders notably members of public, community groups, health professionals, Third Sector organisations and others felt relevant to the charities continued success, growth and expansion.
The main impetuses of the role are to promote the charity and to raise awareness of and engagement with its services notably, Dementia and Live Well service areas but also encompassing all aspects of charity activity including wider retail and family estate planning.
The role will support the charities growth and expansion plans and help to achieve associated business development and wider service targets.
Furthermore; as the post is funded by Electricity North West and Cadent Gas, it will be required to work alongside their staff teams whilst raising awareness of energy issues and wider support within the locality. The post holder will also endeavour to increase registration with associated Priority Service Registers to ensure that potentially vulnerable people receive the support they need during a power cut or utilities outage.
• Reaching out to members of the public and community groups via one to one and group based approaches.
• Organising community based talks and presentations.
• Engaging with public sector stakeholders such as the local authority, district councils and primary and secondary staff teams.
• Ensuring KPIs are achieved for referrals and conversions/uptake levels into charitable and utility services making ‘warm’ referrals as necessary.
• Work alongside other members of the Business Development and wider Services teams and alongside staff from the funding organisations.
• Utilise digital and social media platforms to support online activity and awareness.
• Identify new opportunities and initiatives that would support engagement and conversion/uptake levels.
• Understanding stakeholder journeys, experience and behaviours to influence strategic approaches and wider charitable thinking.
• Act as the face of the charity across all community based platforms and represent the charity brand professionally and effectively and that of its partners with professionalism.
• Achieve the level of computer competency as required for the role.
• Participate in and contribute generally to the organisation’s activities, attending meetings and conferences as required.
• Participate in the organisation’s fundraising and promotions and events, working with other members of staff and volunteers.
• Undertake other duties which may be required by the organisation that are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
The organisation is committed to support continuous professional development (CPD). There is an expectation that the post holder will complete mandatory training within the probationary period and maintain a level of competence throughout their employment with us. Training includes Safeguarding, GDPR and Health and Safety. This list is not exhaustive.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• You will be part of a team, leading and working through your own self-management, experience of this will prove invaluable, as you will need to hit the ground running.
• Having the attributes and expertise for planning, organising, contacting people and presenting will sit well. It is an outgoing role and will suit someone who has confidence, good communication and people skills.
• An ability to demonstrate a commitment to the values and culture of the organisation and to demonstrate integrity, whilst having a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Professional behaviour and trust are paramount.
• To be able to travel around the area of benefit to meet the business needs.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Iain Pearson (Executive Director) on 07436 151251.
For this position only a CV is required.